Sanctuary Centers is proud to offer our community a robust day treatment program. Our range of services provides support, education, and treatment to our clients as they build a stable foundation for their lives. The Outpatient Mental Health Center is open from 9:30am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. Additional group therapy is also offered Saturdays and Sundays for those who cannot make it during weekly business hours.
When Does Someone Need Mental Health Outpatient Care
Our Outpatient Mental Health Program is designed with an eye toward clients who would prefer to attend one of our day treatment programs while living in their own homes, either within the community or in one of our comfortable supported housing options. This program is a strong match for individuals with mental health and/or co-occurring disorders who are in need of more than a weekly counseling session, but do not require a full 24-hour inpatient care program. It is also a good fit for clients who are transitioning out of residential treatment programs, i.e. a drug and alcohol treatment center.
Learn more about the conditions we treat.
What to Expect
Our program has been designed to provide our clients with balance above all else. Our goals for the program begin with self-focus. Once sustainable self-care has established, we shift to developing the social and interpersonal skills needed in meaningful, long term relationships with the important people in our lives. We strive to invite our clients into a safe space that enables them to do the personal work necessary for accessing their potential for personal growth.
Clients in our Outpatient Mental Health Program have access to the following services:
- Individual psychotherapy sessions with licensed clinical therapists and doctoral student interns.
- Over 45 group offerings that address areas of mental health and/or co-occurring disorders. Our groups can be divided into three types:
- Psychotherapy Groups: These talking groups are designed to help our group members address their own unique psychological problems. The exchanges among individuals in psychotherapy groups are cited as catalysts for positive change in the lives of the group members. Participants often note that this regular group interaction provides members with a level of support, caring, and confrontation not always found in individual therapy. These groups are welcoming and productive for individuals experiencing depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder. We even offer specialized psychotherapy groups, included but not limited to: interpersonal communication, art therapy, grief and loss, trauma and recovery, and music therapy. If you have any questions about these offerings, please contact us.
- Psychoeducational Groups: These unique groups focus on developing their members’ thinking, feeling, and behavioral skills through a highly structured learning format. Examples of these types of psychoeducational groups include career development, healthy eating, anger management, Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Positive Psychology.
- Expressive Arts Therapy: Drawn from a multiplicity of art forms, expressive arts therapy allows clients to examine their feelings, thoughts, and sensations toward the promotion of emotional growth and healing. These non-verbal expressive techniques provide a safe outlet whereby members can discuss and explore difficult emotions. Examples of creative arts groups include poetry therapy, art therapy, music therapy, and dance/movement therapy.
- Recreational Groups: These lively groups employ a wide range of activities to help members make improvements in most all areas of life. Whether your needs are physical, cognitive, emotional, social, or leisure-based, recreational groups focus on developing skills, knowledge, and behaviors for better daily living and community involvement among our clients.
- Co-occurring disorders services
- Career development services
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Family counseling
- Psychological assessment
How Much Does It Cost for Mental Health Outpatient Care?
For Co-Occurring Disorders & Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program Costs Click Here
Outpatient Mental Health is a private pay facility. We can provide insurance billing for out of network benefits. At Sanctuary Centers, we have chosen to remain private pay so that we may continue to offer the highest level of care possible at all times. Too often, treatment parameters are determined by insurance companies. We firmly believe that treatment parameters such as type of therapy, number of therapy sessions, ancillary services, and length of stay should be determined by treatment professionals – never the insurance company. From initial assessment to program completion, our priority is always to work with the client and family to create a realistic treatment plan that accounts for both cost parameters and client wellness needs. In doing so, we are able to tailor the most successful treatment plans to every individual client.
Basic Costs are as follows:
- Initial Assessment for new clients (in select cases) – $300
- Flat Fee Packages (billed monthly; may include case management, individual and group therapy, co-occurring disorders services, career development services and Dialectical Behavior Therapy):
- Full Day Program (6 hours/day, 5 days/week) – $5,000
- Half Day Program (3 hours/day, 5 days/week) – $2,800
- Quarter Day Program (8 hours/week, variable days) – $1,400
- *Individual Psychotherapy (per session) – $90
- Group Therapy (per session) – $65 to $100
- Family/Couples Counseling (per session) – $90
*Medi-Cal/CenCal recipients seeking individual therapy, please contact The Holman Group at 1(800)321-2843 for a referral.
Getting Started with Mental Health Outpatient Care
(805) 569-2785 or send us a message
Schedule a Visit
We offer tours throughout the week
A clinical professional may complete and submit referral paperwork
Prospective client will complete an in-person clinical assessment with Sanctuary Centers’ Outpatient Mental Health Program Director or Clinical Director
If the Outpatient Mental Health program is a fit for the client, the intake process will begin